We are not makers of history. We are made by history.
St. Teresa’s Women’s Teachers’ Training Institute came to birth on 21-06-1954 on the feast of St. Gonsalves the patron of youth. In those days there were many young widows leading a miserable life. Mother Marie Rene along with Sr. Dominique decided to do something to empower these young widows. Thus to uplift these struggling women Mother Marie Rene started St. Teresa’s Women’s Teachers’ Training Institute in St. Mary’s Convent campus, Chamarajpet. Another noble ideal behind the establishment was to train the untrained teachers.
To cater to working women’s needs, initially it was an evening course, later it became a full-fledged one year course and then the department made it a two year course.
St. Teresa’s Women’s Teachers’ Training Institute is one of the oldest T.T.Is. churning out competent teachers over 65 years of its existence. It is at present one of the best T.T.Is imparting quality education. We take pride in the fact that no compromise is made in executing the details of the syllabus. Our teacher-trainees are appointed even before completion of the course.